Sunday, October 13, 2013

Update on Mac and Bella

Mac has developed a couple of really annoying habits since Bella came along. First, he gets into her bowl if I don't watch very carefully and eats all her food. Second, when we call him, he turns around and runs the other way. Now I have to go back to square one with him and reteach the recall.

Bella, on the other hand, has learned to sit, lie down, come, and do puppy pushups (down, sit, down, sit...)I'm starting her on walking on a leash this week. I'm trying to figure out the best way to teach her to walk on a loose leash by my side. Some people advocate using a paper plate on a stick. Just put something she likes, like peanut butter, on the plate and put it right in front of her nose when she's at the right place, beside me. I am confused a bit about that though. How do I get it out of her sight so that it is a reward and not a lure?

Stay tuned for the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment